In order to live stream your Zoom Webinar or Zoom Meeting, you will need a premium Zoom account. From there, you will see that your options are to stream to: Youtube or Facebook or a Custom Live Stream Server.
We’re going to walk you through using a 3rd party, Custom live Stream Server called Restream.io to stream to both YouTube and Facebook at the same time. The way it works, is you will be sending the live stream to Restream, who will then be sending it to both YouTube and Facebook. Zoom can only send to one streaming provider at once... so Restream acts as a middle man to redistribute your content.
Warning: This may seem advanced, but simply requires initial setup.
- Sign up with this link to restream.io and receive a $10 credit: https://restream.io/?ref=Vq19v
- Upgrade your plan to the next level ($19/m)
- Connect your Facebook Group Page (not personal)
- Connect your YouTube Page
- Turn on the destinations for both YouTube and Facebook (turning off one will stop it from live streaming to that specific destination).
You have now successfully configured Restream. Well done! For a quick recap, reference the below video for a visual tutorial:
Now that we have Restream configured, we're going to enable our Zoom account for live streaming to Restream, who will then send the live stream to Facebook and YouTube. (These nexts steps are assuming you have a premium Zoom account with live streaming enabled.)
- Login to your Zoom account on Zoom.com
- Go to zoom.us/profile/setting
- Navigate and click on Advanced In Meeting Settings
- Enable Live Streaming
- Enable "Custom Live Streaming Service"
- In the box underneath, copy your RTMP URL, your stream key, and your YouTube URL (watch the below video for an example).
- Now you are all set to start live streaming your meeting!
- Start your Zoom meeting and click "More" on the bottom right.
- Click "Custom Live Streaming Server"
- Copy and paste each URL/Code into the corresponding box (in the same order).
- Your meeting will now be sent to Restream and to all your configured destinations!
Here is a video showing how to connect Zoom to Restream:
Need something automated? That's where LiveControl can help -- we can install and manage all your camera equipment, operate your cameras during your LiveStream, integrate your presentations and graphics, and distribute the content to all your favorite destinations. Want to get started? Visit LiveControl.io for more info.